Google

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 100-Nobody said this would be easy

Day 100- Nobody Said This Would Be Easy

Well it has been a month since my last post. And I am not sure what the heck happened!

I took a wrong turn somewhere and totally got off the road to competency, onto a side street of laziness and found myself on a dirtroad of distraction.

So since my last post, I stopped exercising, I stopped balancing my check book, I stopped keeping my calendar organized and everything fell to pieces.

I totally had to raid my savings to pay for rent. I missed a massive deadline. And I gained a bunch of weight.

So, I am slowly but surely finding my way. I am using exciting new ways to get my life back in order.

I dusted off my calendar and scheduler. My week is all scheduled for next week.
I have created a new to-do list for my big projects based on those Fund-Raising Thermometers but instead of money, each level is another step toward finishing my project. Each time I finish a step, I color in a level on the thermometer.

Christine and I have started going to the gym. The community center down the street has a small, but mighty gym for only $5 a visit or $125 a year. Its been great.

Back on my diet of one meal out a week. It really makes me think more about where I want to eat.

My laptop is on the fritz again with my quicken in it. So, I am not doing so well with balancing my check book. I may just have to go back to an old fashioned pen and paper ledger for a while. But come to think about it, the handiness of pen and paper with out at all times my promote my organization at the time rather than the "I'll take care of that later" mentality that so often hits me.

Tonight, I finish up my taxes and get those sent off. I am getting a really nice refund this year on top of the stimulus package.

No comments: